Film not sticking to back glass

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back when I used solar gard hp supreme I had similar issues. Had to heat the glass very hot then press the tint down with a bulldozer or hard card depending where it's at then soak the outside of glass. Usually would stay down after that.

ive been tinting new accords at the local dealer just about every week for a long time now and dont have this problem, maybe the patterns to big at certain spots or the slips pooling up somewhere underneath or film type can be sh***y. ive experianced sticking issues on glass with some solargard and classic black as well subbing for other shops, thats why ive learned to stick to my johnsons

I've had this problem before on Hondas. 

Two things I've noticed: 

1. The installers using a torch for heat shrinking do not have the issue. 

2. The problem is not consistent and can be tracked to specific rolls of material in our inventory. 

Based on that, I would recommend: 

A. Ask your manufacturer / distributor to get you a roll from a separate lot. A different batch of material may not have the same 'curl' issue. 

B. If your not using a torch, you should at least be dry shrinking (never wet shrink). Try taking your time heat shaping the lower sections, less tension by shrinking over a larger area (happens when you go slow) may help.  

The last thing I noticed was that the problem also occurred a day or two after the original installation. So you may have a bigger issue coming. 

I also agree with the prep, but it didnt resolve our issue out here. We also changed to limo and rode out the problem by using the thicker material. 

Ihope this helps. 

Good Luck. 

Archived