Film not sticking to back glass

Llumar has a good glues. So I'm thinking that the window has some kind of coating on it.

prep it with steal wool.then I would use some straight water on the edges on the backglass.also after spraying the film go over the sides and bottom with hot straight water .then heat with torch and cool.

Let's see if this will do the difference... yeah, the steel wool, not the vodka!  :lol  :lol

post-36832-0-35797400-1425579121_thumb.j

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've had great success with adding this stuff to our prep with steel wool and degreaser.

Pro Bond Adhesive Promoter 

• Works in conjunction with pressure-sensitive adhesive systems, to develop a quick stick.
  • Great for Self-Adhering Automotive Molding, Decals and Window Film
  • Use on Vehicle Panels, Pinstripe Installations and Dot Matrix areas for Window Tint

We buy it off amazon 

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Bond-Adhesive-Promoter-Can/dp/B00KQWMH2G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430771619&sr=8-1&keywords=probond+adhesive+promoter

Hey guys, I wanted to touch on this again, as I did one of these the other day and thought about this thread.  

This is not a slip solution problem or an adhesive problem.  If it were, it would be happening all around the backglass, not just in that one spot at the bottom.  

Wickedtint touched on the correct problem in post #24.   :thumb

I was cleaning the backglass and as I was running my Titan tool along the passenger side bottom of the backglass;  There is a something along the bottom of the glass(below/past the black frit).  You can't see it but you can feel/hear/see the Titan tool  "hop"  as it goes over the something

I ran my film down to where it bottoms out, and the film popped up with the same bubble I am seeing in the pics.  Same place as that second pic from the OP.  

This is no different that when the film bumps that thick black silicone used for sealing windshields.  It will make the film pop/bubble off the glass if there is any contact with this stuff.  Just like doing a front strip or backglass on an old truck that has had window replacements, and you have to trim around all the black "goop".  

SOLUTION =  Cut your pattern properly(not to big) and do not run the bottom of the backglass down to where it bottoms out.  Just run it to where it covers the dot matrix, and make sure it doesn't go any lower to where it hits this "whatever it is".   

I hope this helps.   :beer

Soo, again this morning as I am prepping a 2015 Accord ,  I figured I would check to see if my last post was correct.  :yep  :bingo  

Same issue,,, same spot.   Run a red devil or a titan or a 12" black/white and as you go across the bottom of glass(from the passenger side to the drivers)  there is a bump/drop in the squeegee.    Also, on this particle model the plastic for the C pillar is tight and almost pushing on the rounded corner area of the backglass at the bottom.

This is only happening in the newer '14 and '15 and up Accords, so just remember to not bottom out your pattern  :thumb   

Archived