little hairs from srub pads or floating in the air

Anyone else have one of those days where you get those stupid little hairs caught in the tint and have to rip it off and redo it. Nothing pisses me off more, especially if it happens on the rear window :facepalm2  Please tell me this happens to everyone else as well every once in a while so I know I'm not the only one who flips shit when they see a hair stuck behind the tint!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the black blade with unger handle and 12 inch black and white for bottom of the glass then I always squeegee a 2nd time with my clear max then 12 inch black and white. Flush bottom of the windows then reverse roll. Today it happened to me and I KNOW I picked up a lose hair from the steel wool off the rear deck as I was rolling. Bonehead move since I always wipe the deck down good along the bottom but guess not good enough today. 2nd time around I made sure i rolled the tube only on the glass and didn't even let it touch the rear deck.

side windows I use a black tube squeegee and wipe it every stroke with a microfiber glass cleaning cloth just like in your video's stan.

not saying this happens to me all the time but when it does, it messes up my day because of the extra time needed for re doing the window. :mad

I would say most are floaters on side windows and the rear window is probably from the scrub pads or steel wool .

What I hate is when I have to use steel wool and no matter how well I clean I get a tiny piece of it in the worst place to try to get out. :wall

sounds about right. hahaha, i rip it off right away and take a round out of the speed punching bag mounted in my shop just for situations like that lol I used to throw my bottles at the wall but it was costing me too much money replacing them all the time so got the punching bag instead !

Glad you brought this up dan kohan I recently contacted my distributor about this very issue i could swear that the yellow turbos are worse and the white scrub pads are worse in recent years/months, What i think it comes down to like everything else, they found a cheaper producer to manufacture a cheaper product to make a few more cents and it just filters down to the installer. I always buy the more expensive products thinking, your getting better quality but unfortunately thats just not the case anymore. sad sad sad

I.E.- just in case your thinking of purchasing the "Pressure On Demand" system you might want to re-think just my opinion.

I.E.- just in case your thinking of purchasing the "Pressure On Demand" system you might want to re-think just my opinion.

Are you talking about the Wagner 915 power steamer or is this a different setup??  I LOVE  the Wagner.  It works like a champ IMHO.  

I use an on demand sprayer with constant/strong pressure for a nice even wash down the backglass.  It has helped with the hair and fiber situation.  On my roll ups I usually just blade them, due to those little hairs getting stuck in the rubbers and trim and creeping in with slip from the edges.  Again the power sprayer has helped here to with rinsing door seals really well.  :thumb  

no I was going to get the Wagner but went w/ the POD device again thinking more expensive "better" not the case already sent one back got a new one and realized the first one never even worked properly from the get/go after getting the 2nd one it worked great at first but literally after 4-or 5 uses just stopped heating up NO STEAM!, never dropped handled w/kit gloves because of issues with the first Just stopped working. i know a company with the Wagner and swore by it should of listened.. Will def try the Dobie thanks Ocala

I got my Wagner from Lowe's and it was cheaper than the tint tool suppliers and easier to return(haven't had to).  I even melted some of the shielding around the hose with a heat gun.  Caught it before it did damage to the main hose.  It still works great after 4 years.  I would suggest using filtered or distilled water for longer life.  

Archived