Liability form / job sheet for auto

I have a terms and conditions form that has a few things in it regarding current cars conditions.

The issue i have with a damage form is what if you miss something, some cars are pretty bad and you cant possibly record everything. Anything you miss wont be on the form and leaves you liable for the damage as you yourself filled out the damage as not being there.

What i do is photo damage in areas before i start work (most dont show up until you give a good clean). Then i keep these saved along with progress/completion shots incase.

For me it came down to two options/outcomes:

No Form but photos - comes down to 'he said, she said' whether damage was there before. Makes it harder for the customer to prove it wasnt there before.

Have a form - easily miss damage and unfortunately u have a form you signed and the customer signed with the damage not on it. Makes you liable for any damage they want that you didnt capture.

The Inspection Form backed up by pretty extensive photos that you can enlarge and zoom in on (2 or 3 shots per vehicle on each side front and back and interior should suffice) has become the industry standard within the motor trades, including mechanics, detailers and repairers. These forms can be specific for area (major damage noticed) and have a general component to them ie. " other assorted minor scratches and dents commensurate with vehicle age" to cover you for the small things. This and your photos will hold you in good stead.

Nothing is bullet proof, but this will take care of the majority of your worries.

I suppose if there was an issue that was taken further it would look better with these documents then without them.

Any chance of slinging one my way daz? Also, I'm gonna email you an EOI I strummed up and wondering if you can give us your feedback?

Hopefully not the last thread with the battle I shouldn't of entered into...must resist the urge to bite when people poke me lol

Nope down sunny Canberra way

Thought the thread was better when you got involved IMO.

I'm keen on getting some training doing wraps, I mean I can get it on, but no pro and always know hands on experience is best

hahaha i was thinking to myself that now im that guy on the forums that gets cranky at people.

Yeh for sure, its definitely the little things that hands on experience (at a quality place) will teach you. With the time spent to do a quality wrap i do question why i do it but i love the art form of it! i was lucky enough to spend some time at Pro Vinyl up there and definitely learnt some good techniques, then of course your usual run of the mill certifications which probably wont show you much more then you already know.

hahaha i was thinking to myself that now im that guy on the forums that gets cranky at people.

Yeh for sure, its definitely the little things that hands on experience (at a quality place) will teach you. With the time spent to do a quality wrap i do question why i do it but i love the art form of it! i was lucky enough to spend some time at Pro Vinyl up there and definitely learnt some good techniques, then of course your usual run of the mill certifications which probably wont show you much more then you already know.

Mate believe me, everybody likes that guy.... Well I do.

By all means, speak up, you got the type of attitude that's needed around here.... A good one.

Same with the wraps, can be a pain, but I do enjoy doing it...... Well I enjoy standing back and looking at the finished product.

Worst I ever had was going to the trouble of doing a ute inside and out round the door jams behind the door trim etc and the customer saying he might just prefer the roof bonnet and back done so he took it all off.... Thought it looked wierd. Felt like somebody set a house on fire I just built

lol I would have strangled him, its easy to deter people from door jams and insides of doors. Its an added price that isn't necessary, your doors are closed 99% of the time and then where do you stop, do you wrap inside of the boot, under the bonnet. Unless you own a supercar doors closed wraps is what the average customer is happy with, otherwise I tell them for the added cost they may as well look at painting.

yeah it was more for me though..... kinda wanted to get it done like that.....

course it cost more, but man, it looked f'n hectic

post-35797-0-71752400-1426563609_thumb.j

post-35797-0-24998400-1426563618_thumb.j

was an absolute pita, and this isnt finished, still had to fuck around for hours for just one piece.... but i absolutely loved it once i put all the moulds etc back into place, one nice colour change

Archived