Liability form / job sheet for auto

Hey guys, does anyone have any forms or job sheets they use for auto regarding damage to vehicles such as demister that come off when removing film ?

i had some bad luck the other day i couldnt get the shrink 100% with marathon on a 2011 vw golf so left it then tried to push over corners that were sticking up and creased a corner so had to redo it (film had been on for 1 hour) started to peel film off it was coming off ok then bam almost every demister line started to get little bits come off them. even some cars demisters come off from steel wool and no i don't scrub too hard i know what i am doing.
I ended up replacing the window with genuine glass (digital aerial) at my expense

i am thinking of making up forms that deny responsibility from poorly manufactured glass as well as things to list like sagging roof lining, scratched exterior glass, and general damage to vehicle, the customer would then have to sign this form and they can keep a copy

my shortlist for  sh!tty demisters is new VW, new audi, new lexus, r32 skyline, 2006ish holden barina

I gotta say that this form is something I should have, and the walk around and inspect and check off thing is something I should do more often. (note to self....work on this more and make it routine).  

Anyway.....if you want to put one together, I would suggest looking at the check list that a body shop uses as a model.  They seem to have the best walk around check off list of most places.  I generally see a sheet with some sort of outline of a car and a list off to the side of what is being checked off. I think we should all have one of these and do the checklist.  Although I am rather guilty of not always doing it. But will work on that.  :twocents

Yes mate, I have had such forms for many years and use them on every car. I have a  form for Rear Screen removal which must be signed before work is carried out, and I have now included new rear screen installs too because of the junk demister bars we are seeing. A separate checklist is for damage noted to the car along with time/date stamped photos of all areas including the odometer and petrol gauge. The world we live in today hey?

A quick google search brings up templates for these forms, and then you modify it for your needs

Yes mate, I have had such forms for many years and use them on every car. I have a  form for Rear Screen removal which must be signed before work is carried out, and I have now included new rear screen installs too because of the junk demister bars we are seeing. A separate checklist is for damage noted to the car along with time/date stamped photos of all areas including the odometer and petrol gauge. The world we live in today hey?

A quick google search brings up templates for these forms, and then you modify it for your needs

Hey stranger. Good to see you. Hope all is well. :beer

Only had time to be a  lurker   :ninja lately mate. We got hit pretty hard with a category 5 cyclone a couple of weeks back. Still picking up the pieces.

Hey guys, does anyone have any forms or job sheets they use for auto regarding damage to vehicles such as demister that come off when removing film ?

i had some bad luck the other day i couldnt get the shrink 100% with marathon on a 2011 vw golf so left it then tried to push over corners that were sticking up and creased a corner so had to redo it (film had been on for 1 hour) started to peel film off it was coming off ok then bam almost every demister line started to get little bits come off them. even some cars demisters come off from steel wool and no i don't scrub too hard i know what i am doing.

I ended up replacing the window with genuine glass (digital aerial) at my expense

i am thinking of making up forms that deny responsibility from poorly manufactured glass as well as things to list like sagging roof lining, scratched exterior glass, and general damage to vehicle, the customer would then have to sign this form and they can keep a copy

my shortlist for  sh!tty demisters is new VW, new audi, new lexus, r32 skyline, 2006ish holden barina

If you send me your details mates, I can send you through some templates if you need them.

Only had time to be a  lurker   :ninja lately mate. We got hit pretty hard with a category 5 cyclone a couple of weeks back. Still picking up the pieces.

Ouch hope you personally didn't get whacked too much  :eye     From up north it was a different experience watching it all blow past and hearing news of the TC down south!

Archived