Milwaukee Heat Gun - Battery

Some of you know that I work as a full time engineer for Milwaukee Electric Tool Company, and tint cars evenings and weekends.

I was told by a project leader that we will be beginning development of a battery operated, probably 18V, heat gun!

This is something I've been pushing for, due to my tinting business, since it would be more convenient if we can make it light, and with a battery that shrinks an entire back glass between recharges.

Milwaukee already has a couple different corded (AC) models of heat guns, and they outlast the competition. The main suggestion I gave right away was to include the cool-down function, like the Wagner, to protect the element (but without the handle that gets hot).

If you have any suggestions, I can take them right to the design team. Most new product designs take well over a year, but this could benefit all tinters.

Cool concept however My biggest concern would be weight . When your extended over a big back window, your extended arm will fatigue much quicker swirling around a heat gun. I would think it couldn't help but be heavy ?

Cool concept however My biggest concern would be weight . When your extended over a big back window, your extended arm will fatigue much quicker swirling around a heat gun. I would think it couldn't help but be heavy ?

That's what I was thinking too, seems like it would have to be a large battery to put out that kind of energy.

Is On and Off------on and off  going to be an issue.  I tend to let my gun run while on the floor for long periods sometimes.  The switch and the element are the first to go.  Never know which will be first.  Is start up gonna over strain the battery and affect life??

Need to make a "Tesla" powered heatgun :lol ( I'm wondering how many will get that joke)

Just mentioned those when we were talking about going off the grid.. Props Wiz  :thumb 

Just for fun,, Not trying to mess up your thread Exact-Oh.

1. Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Motors, announced Wednesday that the company is working on a new kind of battery that would be used to power homes. Based on Tesla's lithium-ion battery technology, the new battery is expected to help the company become a leader in the growing home energy-storage market.Feb 12, 2015