Milwaukee Heat Gun - Battery

A docking station that allowed for cool-down as well as recharging without battery removal would be a kicka$$ feature for the shop dwellers. :twocents

The constant battery charging and discharging would kill the battery in a few months. Not worth it if you consider cost of battery is more than most conventional heat guns. Rechargeable batteries are all about the charge cycles.

Cool concept however My biggest concern would be weight . When your extended over a big back window, your extended arm will fatigue much quicker swirling around a heat gun. I would think it couldn't help but be heavy ?

Cool concept however My biggest concern would be weight . When your extended over a big back window, your extended arm will fatigue much quicker swirling around a heat gun. I would think it couldn't help but be heavy ?

That's what I was thinking too, seems like it would have to be a large battery to put out that kind of energy.

Have accessory option with 6ft extender cord that plugs into bottom of heat gun and other end to battery. Could keep in the pouch and run it over your shoulder. This means those that want the battery in the gun and remote could use same heat gun ;)

Edited by Tint Yoda

Agreed Yoda. That I think would be THE only way around the weight , but then you may as well just plug any heat gun you want to use into a small generator that could be used for so much more

Is On and Off------on and off  going to be an issue.  I tend to let my gun run while on the floor for long periods sometimes.  The switch and the element are the first to go.  Never know which will be first.  Is start up gonna over strain the battery and affect life??

This will be something we test. Since it is battery operated, it won't be something that you will allow to run while not in use, or you will need two batteries (one on the tool, and one on the charger). I will automatically suggest having two batteries available anyways, so you always have one that's charged.

Power cycling is something we test. Battery charge cycles is something Milwaukee Tool beats our competition on though, so future battery replacements is less of an issue.

That's what I was thinking too, seems like it would have to be a large battery to put out that kind of energy.

Have accessory option with 6ft extender cord that plugs into bottom of heat gun and other end to battery. Could keep in the pouch and run it over your shoulder. This means those that want the battery in the gun and remote could use same heat gun ;)
This will not be considered, since it would defeat the purpose. The battery will be rigidly affixed to the base of the handle. I will post pictures when a prototype is built.

Although, this is something that could easily be fabricated. We have 'remote battery' fixtures in use all over the engineering lab for product testing, to allow current/voltage measurements using the wires between the tool and remotely mounted battery.

Edited by Exact-Oh

I've seen battery powered heat gun already in Europe.

$150. I just use my inverter for mobile jobs got it for $50.

I had requested we develop a battery heat gun a few months back, but my idea was denied. The European units are what got the idea moving in the company.

I know our products aren't inexpensive, but hopefully it will be worth the extra cost in longevity and quality.