Milwaukee Heat Gun - Battery

A docking station that allowed for cool-down as well as recharging without battery removal would be a kicka$$ feature for the shop dwellers. :twocents

The constant battery charging and discharging would kill the battery in a few months. Not worth it if you consider cost of battery is more than most conventional heat guns. Rechargeable batteries are all about the charge cycles.

Don't they have "smart" chargers, so to speak. Where it will only put a charge to it when it needs it. So if you put it on the base for charging, it could detect whether it needs to charge or not. :dunno

A docking station that allowed for cool-down as well as recharging without battery removal would be a kicka$$ feature for the shop dwellers. :twocents

The constant battery charging and discharging would kill the battery in a few months. Not worth it if you consider cost of battery is more than most conventional heat guns. Rechargeable batteries are all about the charge cycles.

Don't they have "smart" chargers, so to speak. Where it will only put a charge to it when it needs it. So if you put it on the base for charging, it could detect whether it needs to charge or not. :dunno

Yes. All our batteries are 'smart'.

Yes. All our batteries are 'smart'.

Your smart batteries aren't the issue. Constant charging will still shorten the life span, as will heat. Even lithium ion batteries suffer from this, just not as bad as ni-cad

I am still waiting to test one out from the tool truck.  But he has yet to bring one by or tell me how much they are. :twiddlethumbs Still rather interested to see how well it works.  :dunno 

If I get no feedback on here over the weekend, I'm going to pull the trigger and get one. Takes 2 weeks to arrive here in Canada.
I want to see how it is for shrinking if mobile and worse come to worse if it's not great, I can always use it for cold weather situations when I go back to a car lot where I have recently tinted unsold units out in the lot and I see something that might need a touch up, I can do it on the spot rather than pull it into a bay. [emoji4]