Rain X

I don't know the answer, so for the Pro's.   Will the use of Rain X on the inside of the glass affect film installation/glue?  This guy calls me, tells me he wants his car done.  Gave him a quote, then he proceeds to tell me that he applied RAINX to the inside of the glass.  

Yeah, FACEPALM moment DOH!!!     So, before I even commit, is he screwed now? 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are the one who is sorta screwed here because of the extra prep it will take to get the window back to normal.  

Watch your solution when you first spray the window.  You should see how it dissipates when you spray it.  Now you have to clean and re-clean.  I would recommend using an adhesive remover of some sort first, as if you were removing glue. Some 0000 steel wool would be good also.   You also might need to use an alcohol solution to strip the RainX off the glass.  

Once you think you have it cleaned properly.  Spray with install solution as if you were installing the film.  Again, watch your solution as it goes across the glass.  This will tell you whether or not the RainX is still there.  I would also add a waiver to this install due to the prior knowledge of RainX, but if you clean it properly I don't think you will have any issues.  

Oh yeah,  This is for you 

post-28358-0-81828400-1426521638_thumb.j

2013 Honda insight need some help I couldn't shrink the rear window is there a reason why any tips please

Hey junior, I've seen you ask a couple of time about this backglass.  I wonder if your pre-pattern (before shrinking) is too small??  This is a relatively easy back glass to shrink if you leave the edges rather long all the way around.  Dryer sheet shrink with the standard H pattern(not to fast) and you should be fine.  When you prep the outside make sure your glass is "acting" properly.  Watch your soap solution as you clean it to make sure there isn't any chemical on the outside of the glass.  Also make sure your dryer sheet prep sets up correctly(chemical will affect this also).  Try it again leaving the long edges and let us know how you do.   :thumb

BTW-beware the Dodge Charger if you are not used to shrinking slow and having to use all the film.

The last part of the shrink of those is PITA  

:beer   Good luck  

Archived