HELP!!! Ceramic Windshield refraction line??

Help Guys. :whattodo I tinted an Accord windshield in ASWF Dimension 80% Ceramic. This is a nice film and looks great when installed. BUT..... There is a refraction line that actually changes sizes with the angle of the sun. I have never had this problem. This is the first complaint I've had about this. I don't know if it is the model of the car or the type of film??

Do any of you smart people have any type of explanation for this??? I will probably end up re-tinting this with a standard non-ceramic 50% to see if this fixes the problem. And will report back when I do. But I was wondering if there is any explanation for this :dunno

post-28358-0-07572900-1432327615_thumb.j

post-28358-0-08446400-1432327683_thumb.j

Ok maybe I have my terminology wrong :?  Hence the smart people comment.  But either way, I added film to the car and it has created this problem.  I would like to be able to somewhat explain myself. Other than " I don't know "

According to this I think refraction would be correct, given the new medium being 80% film.  Again, If I am wrong, please let me know. I need to be properly educated on this because I still need good windshield film that won't get people in trouble, and if this a ceramic on the windshield issue, am I going to have it if I switch films?? 

Reflection involves a change in direction of waves when they bounce off a barrier; refraction of waves u10l3b8.gifinvolves a change in the direction of waves as they pass from one medium to another; and diffraction involves a change in direction of waves as they pass through an opening or around a barrier in their path.

Was researching some information on refraction for you, Bham. 

Even through a windshield the light will refract it's just not noticeable because there is no reference point to see so. But for some reason as you said based on the model/year of the car as refraction is dependent on the depth of the glass and the glass' surface with the combination of the film (being the reference point) the refraction is more apparent.

I might be way off, but I tried to find some info for ya! Good luck with the issue! 

My roommate's car is done in the same film.  I will drive hers around on a sunny day and see if I have this issue.  It's a Focus. So that should tell me something.  I HOPE!! 

Archived