New guy here wrapping a Yukon Denali Satin Black and I have a question

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work !!  Wrapping can both be fun and frustrating.  I will be taking on my first full car wrap this winter. I have a few dozen hoods, roofs etc under my belt.  What all primers and sealers did you use?

make sure you do it indoors at around 74 degrees. You will have a more difficult time if it is less than that.

Hey guys I have been lurking and just wanted to update!

It's been over a year now and multiple long distance trips as well as daily driving and so far no peeling or major damage/staining.

It does have some scratches now but I'm ok with it since you can barely see them, most happened when we went camping and all the small ones disappeared easily with the heat gun.

It's also been hard to find anybody that's serious about paying me to wrap, most want it for free...

I was bored at work and was tired of watching a coworker spend over $100 in the last year on rattle can paints to touch up his hood... looked like crap!

I told him to give me $42 for some Avery gloss white Vinyl and he will have a nice looking hood for a long time with a lot less hassle, after explaining to him that Vinyl will look a million times better he finally caved.

After I was done heating, trimming and post heating he was blown away, ran his finger all the way around the hood looking for a seam but once I showed him I wrapped all the way around to the seam of the hood while heating and pulling the corners clean he couldn't believe it, he tipped me $40 so I was happy as well.

Hopefully he shows other people and gets the word out because I really miss Vinyl wrapping, I might change up the color of the Denali next year.

Attached some pictures to show what the Denali still looks like and what my coworkers hood looked like before. I also used 3M primer on the edges and repair spots.

post-39623-0-16050100-1478479041_thumb.j

post-39623-0-13918000-1478478843_thumb.j

post-39623-0-31222300-1478478892_thumb.j

post-39623-0-03005200-1478478909_thumb.j

Archived