New guy here wrapping a Yukon Denali Satin Black and I have a question

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't envy the guys who do these SUV wraps for a living and now see why you guys charge so much. 

It took me 9 hrs to prep and wrap the roof and rear hatch.

The roof was a nightmare with all the channels creating a ton of air pockets even when pulled tight before using the squeegee.

The awesome thing is I think I now experienced a lot of issues and learned from my mistakes and it is making my vinyl wrap come out amazing, everything else but the roof is going to be a cake walk now lol.

I will post some pics later and can someone answer this question for me:

I had two quarter sized bubbles on the roof that could not be worked out, they were rock hard so I popped them with a small poke from my razor blade and I was able to push the air out with minimal damage. Is it ok to do this? Should I apply some edge sealer over the tiny hole to protect the vinyl?

Thanks guys

Got all the edges trimmed and edge sealed and am happy with the roof besides a couple small creases and stress marks in the vinyl from pulling up and using a heat gun to remove wrinkles etc.

I decided to keep the roof rack instead of deleting it.

So much work but its getting there!post-39623-0-82850300-1437176930_thumb.j

post-39623-0-37804100-1437176972_thumb.j

Thanks!

I know you guys are really busy but again does anyone know if it is bad to use the tip of a razor blade to pop a few big bubbles that cant be seperated and pushed out? just a small nick in the middle of them.

Also this should be fun but I am using avery gloss black vinyl on the middle of my cowl hood and then satin black on the sides, I noticed the edge sealer suppose to dry a matte finish but you can clearly see it on the vinyl... Will I be ok to not use it on the hood when I will have exposed edges from the butt connecting vinyl?

Thanks

That is tricky.... Yes u can or use a needle and syringe. The probl is if there is any tension where that bubble is when u make a cut it has the possibility to tear and make a big hole.

Just have to use good judgment.

Small bubbles, usually in a shallow crevice is Ok. But it might open up on ya. Just use a syringe instead.

As for the seams, over lap them and use cut tape to get a nice line. I did my car 2 tone all around the belt line. Been almost a year and no issues. Just post heat well as usual.

Archived