New guy here wrapping a Yukon Denali Satin Black and I have a question

Definitely let me know the name of the tape you use if you remember I would rather do that then seal all my edges.

So I just got done two toning the hood. Man the gloss vinyl definitely acts different than the satin, easier to work with I think.

I need to watch more videos on how to properly use the knifeless tape because it kept breaking on me right when I start into the vinyl.

I had a lot of scratches even though I tried everything from felt/microfiber/cotton covers BUT amazingly after I post heated everything almost all of them disappeared and no bubbles appeared so I must have did a good job getting all the air out. :)

The hood was actually fun to do... I needed that after doing the roof.

Dust blew in while I was taking pictures so dont judge me and think they are bubbles.  :D

post-39623-0-48907100-1437349609_thumb.j

post-39623-0-03026100-1437349646_thumb.j

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you I appreciate it.

I am an automotive tech and when friends found out that I work on cars for a living they were coming out of the woods to ask me for favors, basically fix cars for free... now they want me to wrap their cars.

Funny how that works!

Thank you I appreciate it.

I am an automotive tech and when friends found out that I work on cars for a living they were coming out of the woods to ask me for favors, basically fix cars for free... now they want me to wrap their cars.

Funny how that works!

Everyone wants it free, story of greed. My boss always talks about his "friends" I usually reply with just tell them it's full price and see if they are still your friends....

I usually don't haggle over the price of anything, time and effort go into everything and when someone asks for a "discount" or "favors" I ask them if they think my time and effort are worth less that I do.

Its the way it goes and I had a co-worker tell me he will let me wrap his car when i'm done AND he will give me a couple hundred dollars. I told him to get some quotes from professionals and see why I attempted to learn how to do my own car myself.

Its been fun learning how to do this, thanks for the help!

I screwed up guys!

Wrapping each of the 14 individual body kit pieces off of the car was a bad idea!!!

While the pieces are coming out great my back is killing me from being so stiff trying to keep the plastic pieces from moving around while wrapping. I feel like the vinyl will definitely last longer since I am able to apply primer to the sides and back of each piece, dont have any wrinkles after using heat to properly pull the vinyl around BUT I didn't realize how much extra work this is going to be lol.

Wish me luck!

Oh and I should buy stock in 3M body tape because I am going to need a shit ton!

About 2 weeks from now I should be finished.

Just got done with all the body kit pieces and they are going a lot faster now that I figured out how to wrap sharp corners and properly use heat to manipulate the vinyl into curves and crevices.

I still have the passenger side of the vehicle to wrap but wanted to get the body kit and bumpers done first in my basement since its so hot in the garage right now.

Its getting there!

Archived