Don't ya hate it when.......

20 minutes ago, Bham said:

Don't ya hate it when..... you order a rear glass and the glass install company doesn't tell you there are different styles or types.  

Some with all the parts and some without. :mad   And they show up with the wrong piece, and then tell you it's going to cost even more for the one they failed to inform you about in the first place.   :wall  

Oh ,, and I had to look up how to put the shocks on the glass.  Installer didn't even know which way they went.  Kept asking me, how did this go. :blink 

12 hours ago, Bham said:

Don't ya hate it when..... you order a rear glass and the glass install company doesn't tell you there are different styles or types.  

Some with all the parts and some without. :mad   And they show up with the wrong piece, and then tell you it's going to cost even more for the one they failed to inform you about in the first place.   :wall  

What happened? 

2 hours ago, jh812 said:

What happened? 

Jeep Wrangler hardtop rear glass had to be replaced.  I talked to these guys two or three weeks ago to get pricing and availability ((they are up here all the time at the collision center next door)) 

Friday I set up an *in person* appointment for Monday.  Was told no problem, we are ready.  

Monday at 3:45 I call and they say they forgot. Can we do it in the morning. :evileye   

Well, let me call my customer and find out.  He was expecting it done today.   :phone   Yeah, we can do it, but it has to be first thing in the morning because he was expecting it done on Monday.   Then they call and say they are finishing up the one they are on early and come get to me now @ 4:30.  

One guy shows up to prep while the other is bringing the glass.  They fumble through the install (see above story) and my customer shows up as they are finishing. 

He ask where is the rest of the glass.  i.e. the bottom piece with the rubber gasket to seal off the bottom of the glass ?? :? 

They said, Oh we didn't order that one. it is another $110 dollars and a different glass.  

Left me standing there in front of my customer looking like an idiot.  

These guys were rather unprofessional and I will not be using them again.