2015 BMW 740i (with pics)

RecklessReflections

2015 BMW 740i

I don't know which is more work, the 740i or the 750

Reason I say is because on the 750 you don't need to remove the whole panel just the gasket after slicing it, on the other hand it has that massive channel. The 740i however does not have that massive channel, but have to remove the whole panel  :evileye

Anyways, overall this is not too difficult of a vehicle to tint. Patience is a virtue. 

The key to this is removing the gasket, makes the job so much easier as any car IMO. These gaskets however are one piece meaning they connect all the way around the door frame. You will have to carefully slice the corners in order to pull these bad boys out. 

Just make sure to slice them at a angel, only reason I say is because if you take any gasket out from a door the edges flare out, so make it look as if it was cut that way, it's all about the details. 

20133343371_360881e9ee_c.jpg

Now, to remove these doors you will need to do the following:

Rear doors - There is a small plastic pin about an inch long that goes into the trim of the panel, its a "security" pin. You will need a straight thin pick tool in order to push this security pin all the way through or you will not get this trim off to reveal the screws to save your life. I treat to get a photo of the location but was too dark so I just pointed to it. 

20133559511_09a93b905a_c.jpg

After you push this pin through you will start relieving the trim to remove it, start from the left to pop it loose, then the left. Once both sides are released reach from under the middle of the trim to release the center and do the same with the top. From the slightly open the door handle and give a gentle tug and the wood grain trip will pop off. 

Here is where the two hex/torx screw will be. 

Also, circled in red is the plastic security pin, remove this and set aside as you will need to re-insert this back into the wood trim AFTER you completely put the panel and trim back on, in order to lock it into place. 

20133658051_45cbe17782_c.jpg

After removing the two screws go ahead and remove the gasket. 

It is very crucial that when removing these panels for both front and rear doors you be careful in not to scraping the plastic pillars with the top edges of the panel, it has a chrome plate that will slice through plastic like 8mil security film through a finger. So be aware of how you take it off. Same with putting it back on. 

Front doors - Exactly the same process as the rear doors except there are 3 screws instead of two.

So begin by slicing the corners of the gasket.

19505394484_d9080fe6e9_c.jpg

19939767298_bf6e83eac0_c.jpg

As mentioned above be very careful in removing the panel not to scratch the side pillars, best way to remove this panel is starting on the outer most side by pushing up and then sliding it off. Once you grab ahold of it you'll see what I'm talking about. 

All these doors have felt so I personally tape these off, I've noticed on 7 series the felt is a lot more "loose" meaning it flakes off super easy. So I don't risk it and tape it anyways. Up to you  :thumb

Back window is simple, the third brake light comes off like any BMW, pop the cover off and you'll see the clips on each side.

Also, just as most BMW's there is a fuse panel in the back luggage compartment on the right hand side. Some people unbolt and remove it, I just cover it well with a towel as it's good enough. 

20127836675_8915b53c3c_c.jpg

That's it! Hopefully this brought some insight to these 740i's 

BTW ignore the gas tank door being open  :bag

19939822860_bf931e1da9_c.jpg

19939739178_f3c40f9318_c.jpg

Archived