2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 PPF on Chrome Bumper?

My friend asked me to do PPF on his 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500. It has a chrome bumper are your guys laying PPF on the bumper on these?

I want find this out so I can quote him accurately.

TIA

post-33201-0-92786800-1438705101_thumb.p

We do those all the time at my shop. They are difficult imo. I will take some pics of the one I'm doing tomorrow. Ppf on bumper, hood and fenders. Wrapping the grille and chrome on the mirrors with white vinyl to eliminate chrome.

What about it do you find difficult?

I also don't understand why you'd apply ppf to a chrome bumper. They are pretty tough. All of the ones I've done have been paint matched. Most of them were chrome and a body shop has painted to match, then they pay me to wrap them so they don't chip. Bal4, they probably aren't that difficult for someone experienced. I have very little experience with ppf and these bumpers really give me a hard time.

They aren't difficult. The main reason for not installing on chrome is the change in look. No matter how clear of a film you use, the chrome loses its shine. The chrome can be expensive to replace so I get why they would want it covered. But for the most part on chrome, consumers like it for the look and adding ppf to it dulls the look. It's just like not putting film on plastic mirrors that are unpainted. Putting film on it changes the look typically and if it's textured, it looks even works. 

Archived