how long to wrap a car

Well i took the course and just spent $1K to realize there is no short cut in wrapping and the money you make for the time is not worth it . I have looked at a few cars wrapped that looks great 25' back like in the magazines and when you look up close you see tons of defects . From experience in tint people complaining about a dot in the tint i can imagine how they would complain on vinyl . i am sticking to just doing hoods , roofs and racing stripes . Going to SEMA so maybe it will give me a different outlook on wrapping cars . The trainer said color change doesnt make money only advertising wraps is the money maker .

May I ask, what class did you take? You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting in the open.

Well i took the course and just spent $1K to realize there is no short cut in wrapping and the money you make for the time is not worth it . I have looked at a few cars wrapped that looks great 25' back like in the magazines and when you look up close you see tons of defects . From experience in tint people complaining about a dot in the tint i can imagine how they would complain on vinyl . i am sticking to just doing hoods , roofs and racing stripes . Going to SEMA so maybe it will give me a different outlook on wrapping cars . The trainer said color change doesnt make money only advertising wraps is the money maker .

May I ask, what class did you take? You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting in the open.

Were a small family business, I handle most of the installs personally. A couple months ago I did a brand new Jeep Wrangler 4 door, it took me 60 hours, long days mon-fri. But it was one of the ones with a painted top and fender flares. Took a full 5x75' roll of Avery Supreme Charcoal Matte Metallic. But i'm a stickler for perfection  :thumb

Half the people that took the course were all excited about  color change . After being told the time it took to do a good job , fact that they warranty it for 1 year , customer demanded perfection most of us were turned off . I am not saying it cant be done but if you want to make money you cant spend 40 hrs on a car and only charge $2500 . 

No offense but that doesn't read well.

It reads as if:

- People wanted to wrap quickly, hoping for a quick buck?

- 1 year warranty is more than enough. Why? because imperfections will show well before that time frame. Give a car a couple of weeks of driving and in the elements and imperfections will show.

- Don't all customers demand perfection? Again it is up to you to showcase what perfection is possible with the product/service you offer. We have never had a problem with that.

At the end of the day you are wrapping a WHOLE CAR. It is not a small job and not sure how anyone can think it was going to be when you start off with a giant sticker and a car. $2,500  (we charge $2800aud) is for a very small sized car. This means less money on materials, less time etc. Get up to $4k for XL sized cars and it all pans out.

It seems as if maybe plasti dipping might be the thing to look at. Less time and overall skill needed. At the end of the day I would have thought those in Tint, PPF, Wrapping enjoy the art form to it, I know I do. Job satisfaction and enough to pay the bills and be comfortable. Im not in it to buy a Ferrari (of course id like to...)

Archived