any reason to pick xpel utlimate over suntek?

What are you Suntek guys using for installation solution? Soap, water, alcohol? How much? I use Xpel but I've tried Suntek and I agree that it is flatter and shinier than Xpel. Also a lot easier to stretch and harder to damage the adhesive. I had problems laying suntek over areas that even had the slightest finger and where I know xpel would have closed and stayed with no problems. I suspect that the solution is the key when installing either one and that's why I had difficulty with suntek. 

I like the idea of offering different films to customers and not being biased, specially when there is some very sided people out there.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use J&J water mix and sometimes Xpel gel as my slip solution depending what I want the film to do, and a 20% mix of iso as my flush. But before all of that I make sure all the edges are cleaned with iso (make sure it's factory paint).

Steve

i thought suntek was 6 mil and xpel 8 mil?

I have used xpel for a long time. I like the adhesive better then the suntek imho.

I use the gel,once you get used to it, it works well. just have to make sure temp is low to avoid sticking.

does the suntek film crack if ever stretched like xpel? that's the only thing I don't like about the xpel.

I used some suntek matte on a bike fairing install, lots of stretch,it was a pain to get the suntek to hold on certain edges.

I've compared both xpel ultimate and suntek side by side on the same car, same panel. The suntek film has noticeably less orange peel texture than the xpel and is also less hazy when looking under a bright spot light or direct sun. Appearance wise, its no doubt that suntek is superior. But how do the two films compare in other measures such as durability and functionality? Basically I want to know the pros/cons of both. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

between the two, i choose suntek. Easiest film to work with. I noticed with suntek I had to cut down my alcohol mixture because it wasn't tacking down as fast as i wanted, but once i got that perfect, it was not an issue ever again.. Suntek looks better and is just easier for me than the Xpel, and I used xpel for about 2-3 years. 

Archived