What to say to eye doctor to get tint exemption?

Hi. I'm from Michigan. We can't tint our front windows at all here. I want to get a doctor's note. Has anyone done this before? Do I just go into the local jcpenney optical center, set up an eye exam? What do I say to the doctor to get the exemption? Thanks

Also make sure you read exactly what the exemption states, it will not allow you to do anything.  In GA it is completely useless because you still can't tint your windshield and the lowest your sides/rear (car) can measure is 20% after the +/- 3% error.  So the only option would be a 25% which 99.9% of shops here don't carry.  The only way here to get away with lower is if the cop doesn't know the law on exemption.

In NY you get a tint exemption form from dept motor vehical and have a doctor fill it out and mail it to state DMV and I have seen very few get the okay from them

At a shop,while back,we did a car all limo tint and windshield too(crazy) car was back day or so later with a smashed fr fender,,remove windshield tint,lol

I at least had a 5in section of clear glass on my windshield to see when I just started tinting

Edited by DOOTINT

Below is the exemption law from Michigan.gov on window tinting exemption.  So instead of just having a 4" strip on the front doors, you can have the whole window tinted.

The use of tinting is limited to the rear side windows, the rear window if the vehicle has outside mirrors on both sides, and the top 4 inches of the front side windows. There is a limited exception for medical necessity with a doctor's prescription, which allows for tinting to be applied to the front side windows as well. Michigan does not have a specification for the darkness of the window application, but does prohibit applications with a solar reflectivity greater than 35%.