Which tint brand to pick?

Well i have one more question. How much would a metallized film affect my car interior?(in radio/cellphone signals). and will it protect my interior better than dyed film?

We personally do not install any metalized films because of the chance of interference.  Just because it has metal doesn't mean you will have a problem, but we do not like to take a chance.  IMO, HP films are outdated since the main purpose of them was to get a higher heat reduction, but now technology is there to get the same or better heat reduction without having metal in it.  UV is what damages the interior (cracking and fading) and most films offer 99%+ protection so should be no difference between the two.

Heat and light cause damage, too.

Pie chart of damage from solar energy = UV 40%, Visible light 25%, Heat (far infrared) 25% and other sources 10%.

And to confuse things further, not all surfaces react to fading in the same manner. I.E., Siks may be more damaged by light than oak floors. And a red leather couch may be more damagesd by heat than a tan fabric one.

Heat and light cause damage, too.

Pie chart of damage from solar energy = UV 40%, Visible light 25%, Heat (far infrared) 25% and other sources 10%.

And to confuse things further, not all surfaces react to fading in the same manner. I.E., Siks may be more damaged by light than oak floors. And a red leather couch may be more damagesd by heat than a tan fabric one.

:yeah 10% Other = artificial lighting, dye/color fastness of a material.  :thumb

Edit: and humidity

Archived