How long did it take you to get good?

Guest temonunez26

Okay maybe one spec is acceptable cuss truly perfect doesnt exist in this world. However i have witnessed tinters do flawless jobs (no contamination) in 1.5 hours by themselves with ceramic doing 8 cars a day.

Contradicting yourself a little...maybe need the brush up on the definitions of "perfect" and flawless". Stick with your first statement because it is the truth, the second is marketing BS.

Im glad you get it Dynamic i guess some people just havent gotten to that level or havent witnessed what i have. Not gonna lie when i saw those jobs i did get discouraged. I mean fast and clean and multiples too. One day ill be great just like them.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay maybe one spec is acceptable cuss truly perfect doesnt exist in this world. However i have witnessed tinters do flawless jobs (no contamination) in 1.5 hours by themselves with ceramic doing 8 cars a day.

Contradicting yourself a little...maybe need the brush up on the definitions of "perfect" and flawless". Stick with your first statement because it is the truth, the second is marketing BS.

Im glad you get it Dynamic i guess some people just havent gotten to that level or havent witnessed what i have. Not gonna lie when i saw those jobs i did get discouraged. I mean fast and clean and multiples too. One day ill be great just like them.

Are you looking at these "flawless" jobs right after install or a few days later? An average tint job might look flawless until it dries

Next time you "witness" this, please take high resolution photos of every inch of every window.  Send it to me and I will show you how flawless it really is.

We do most vehicles in 1.5 hour and do near perfection.  However, we are not absolute perfect and will never be absolute perfect.  Perfect means not 1 single flaw or dust particle period.  Also keep in mind window film itself is not perfect, so can't install perfectly when the film itself does not meet that definition.

Are you looking at these "flawless" jobs right after install or a few days later? An average tint job might look flawless until it dries

Extremely good point...can be dust particles in the water solution between the glass and film that can't be seen until fully dried.

Guest temonunez26

Hey like i said i didnt believe it until i saw it....also ive been looking for employment and they all tell me the same thing "it has to perfect otherwise you cant work here" i got let go from a few jobs because i had some like minimal .....which led me to believe are these owners having some crazy expectations. Thnks for the feedback. Keeps me from giving up.

Back to the OP, I was off on my own doing mobile tint with different accounts after about 6 months of experience. Even then I would still get a bit nervous.

It took about a year of tinting and installing glass full time before I was completely confident with pretty much any vehicle that rolled through the door.

I've been tinting for little less then 6mos after going to school out at rightlook in California. I have a plotter I use solar gard film. I still have the "come backs" the little dust here the bubbles. Sometimes hair. Sometimes I struggle with shrinking back glass. I'm not a full time tinted either. But how long did it take you to "master" tinting?

There are so many variables , age of vehicle,rubber or felt guides, "whose dog/cat was living in this car",  Tinting a brand new car poses less problems , A  heat gun , a lil-chizler,and a bone are your friend. for the 

occasional" 1 speck that some seem to think is an imperfect job "     .Like  Ocala said "no one masters tinting "   ,If you look hard enough, you can find an "imperfection" in anyones tint job --- cept mine    :lol  :lol  :lol .  ,After 30 some yrs. there are still some days where I think man did this suck.    Just go over the job when done, see a problem ,redo it right then. Nothing worse than a job coming  back, or going back out to a job.   Best of Luck !!!

Archived