Reverse roll without prespray under liner

Anyone ever do a reverse roll without pre-peeling the liner and spraying under it?  Just crossed my mind since that seems to be the easiest way to pick up dust with static.  I was pondering if you could just wet the top of the liner, prep the window and put a good soak on it then peel the liner dry in the car and reverse roll.  Didn't know if anyone had tried that or if there was a reason that would screw you....?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't imagine trying to reverse roll auto glass,,esp the ones that the bottom of the window goes down to no room to barely clean and squeege it?

But I did see rear deck panel removed to help that abit and another guy struggling hard attempting it,,,both of them guys went and got jobs doing something else

One of those guys paid decent amount of $$ for a class someplace on the upper left coast

I reverse roll all of my cars now. The only time it gets to be a challenge is when there is a huge 3rd tailight. So ill remove them . I dont cut around them either . I think it looks dumb. Wet everything and workfrom drivers side over. Watch the top part of film that it doesnt touch anything and lock down the bottom first and slide on in. Good luck

Anyone ever do a reverse roll without pre-peeling the liner and spraying under it?  Just crossed my mind since that seems to be the easiest way to pick up dust with static.  I was pondering if you could just wet the top of the liner, prep the window and put a good soak on it then peel the liner dry in the car and reverse roll.  Didn't know if anyone had tried that or if there was a reason that would screw you....?

Static is created in the construction of film.  It's hard to fight, but wetting the film is how we fight it.  Not wetting all the components could lead to trouble, especially when you are involving an adhesive.   Always spray everything.  It releases some of the static and washes away particles attracted during peeling.  

try this and pay attention to the difference both ways.  

Dryer  sheet shrink a backglass.  When completely done before you peel it off the backglass.  Don't spray it or anything, just lift the corner and pull it off in one motion.  I bet 10-1 at the end OR during the peel-off, you will get some static shock in you hands.  

Next time, before you peel it off the backglass, spray the piece well and you will notice that you don't get shocked by the static charge while peeling.  

Also,  the reason I love the backroll is because the film is so much easier to deal with(once you get a good routine).  I've even rolled one for install,  and had to stop and go upfront for something, come back, it still installed it fine.   Much like with the "franky" method, when I am unrolling for a brake light, I let it hang from the top until I get unrolled past the brake light.  Then slide into place and finish the unroll.  Check all edges for light gaps. Reposition a little if needed, and lock into place.  

Archived