Legal Tint...what would it take to make the law correct?

I guess the main reason I would say a limit of 20%, as I said before.  That is what they already throw in front of us and basically force you to accept it if you want that type of vehicle.  Most SUV's don't come in a work package with no tint. 

The other part of it is still " Match It UP "..   If 20% is on the back, that's what they want on the front.  Also, I have quite a few people with cars, that want the same shade that they have on their SUV that is already tinted.   :twocents

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, if it continues in that range 20% is the best to offer as the lowest legal limit.  People that want lighter can choose lighter so it is best of both worlds.  Then they can just stop making 5-15% completely even though some shops would start double layering 20%.  If they raise the factory privacy glass to the 25-30% range then I would say the legal limit could be 25% and we can install 30% film.  Like you said, most people want to match the front doors to the rears including me because having the two-tone look doesn't look good in my opinion.

Archived