Legal Tint...what would it take to make the law correct?

Let's put a spin on the Legality War :D      KEEP IT CLEAN!   BE NICE!!  PLEASE!  :thumb  

Not sure if this has been discussed,  but I was wondering what everyone thought would be a proper tint law (nationwide)??

We've had some discussion on the legality problem, but I don't know that I have seen anyone offer up what they thought would be a correct nationwide tint law.  

Keep in mind they already put at least 20% on privacy glass.  Not sure I have seen anything darker from the factory. 

Some of the manny's use a 30% factory shade.     

We all know that a lot of people want to  " Match It Up "  on SUV's because it looks better.  

So....

would a 20% nationwide tint law be acceptable?  For cars, trucks, SUV's doesn't matter.  20% across the board.

I would even be okay with making limo or anything darker than 20% illegal unless it was strictly a front strip.  

This is my two cents on this.  What do some of you think would work??  

Thanks,

Bham  :beer  

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I would say 20% would be the perfect legal limit across the board IMO.  I would be perfectly cool with that and manufacturers stop making anything lower.  Like you said, SUV's and Trucks are in the 20%-25% range in most states so if it is fine for them why not all vehicles.  However, some people may still feel it is too dark so 25% with a +/- 3% grace area across the board would be a better fit and we can just install 30% film.

I have been thinking of not stocking 5% period except for sun strips.  Even on legal setups like rear of SUV's or Trucks I still wouldn't offer it.

I'd be happy with a 30 percent film. So probably whatever comes from the factory all around. That definitely goes for cars as well. I don't understand the difference in why it can be on trucks and suvs but not them? And for the love of God a sunstrip that actually does something.

Let's put a spin on the Legality War :D KEEP IT CLEAN! BE NICE!! PLEASE! :thumb

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I was wondering what everyone thought would be a proper tint law (nationwide)??

We've had some discussion on the legality problem, but I don't know that I have seen anyone offer up what they thought would be a correct nationwide tint law.

Keep in mind they already put at least 20% on privacy glass. Not sure I have seen anything darker from the factory.

Some of the manny's use a 30% factory shade.

We all know that a lot of people want to " Match It Up " on SUV's because it looks better.

So....

would a 20% nationwide tint law be acceptable? For cars, trucks, SUV's doesn't matter. 20% across the board.

I would even be okay with making limo or anything darker than 20% illegal unless it was strictly a front strip.

This is my two cents on this. What do some of you think would work??

Thanks,

Bham :beer

I guess you have never metered the back glass of a Cadillac SRX...It meters out at 15% (factory privacy glass)

Archived