Legal Tint...what would it take to make the law correct?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If all tint laws were the same there would be no reason for aftermarket tint companies to exist (at least not in any real volume).

Manufacturer's would just tint the glass. Varying tint laws are the only reason they don't do it now.

Look what happened to the SUV market once the federal law allowed for rear glass tint, it took away a lot of business.  

Then what would you do with all that free time... and no money? 

Careful what you wish for. 

If all tint laws were the same there would be no reason for aftermarket tint companies to exist (at least not in any real volume).

Manufacturer's would just tint the glass. Varying tint laws are the only reason they don't do it now.

Look what happened to the SUV market once the federal law allowed for rear glass tint, it took away a lot of business.  

Very wise and different outlook on this question Hugh.  Thank you  :thumb  

I get where you are coming from and yes, that would be a potential problem.    

I am sort of going off the hope they won't change how they build them these days, and the current trend of how they are built.  

BUT,,, If the manny's stayed like they are now,  I think we would still have plenty of work slinging 20%. 

I'm not trying to start an argument I'm just thinking. I've never really agreed with the state to state laws. Are there any laws that you guys can think of that would justify why it would be ok in one state but not another? I'm not just talking tint I mean laws in general.

Yes, that could easily become a problem and is a great point.  I think they still wouldn't do it since not everyone wants it to the legal limit though.

This would be my concern and I've stated that in the past.

For the sake of this topic though I think the 30/35% range would be the best. You would get some privacy and safety wouldn't be as big an issue.

Even today's privacy glass can really make it hard to see out of, especially at night.

That being said, limo on the rears are legal in my state and we tint over a lot of privacy glass so I would not want to lose that business. However, knowing there are so many vehicles with limo on the rears does make me a bit nervous for my safety as well as my family's.

I'm not trying to start an argument I'm just thinking. I've never really agreed with the state to state laws. Are there any laws that you guys can think of that would justify why it would be ok in one state but not another? I'm not just talking tint I mean laws in general.

Gambling

Archived