Allow me to introduce myself

Hey everybody. I hope this post is allowed here. My name is Vinny and I'm just getting in to tinting. I own a high end Detailing business in CT and also install 12v accessories. I'm trying to expand my services and I figure tinting is a good place to start. I've been in contact with some of the well known names in the industry including Stan Foster who recommended this forum to me. If anyone has any advice to a beginner please feel free to share. Im currently watching videos from Ralph Van Pelt and Platinum Tinting. They seem to explain everything well enough that I've been able to do my personal vehicles and some family vehicles however I've wasted some film in the process, still get an occasional crease and am nowhere close to operating on a level of where I can take on customers. I know it's going to take a lot more practice to sharpen my skills but I'm hoping with enough dedication and guidance I'll eventually get it right.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VTD glad to see you here on tintdude :beer join in conversation and fun with raffles, pictures, tips and tricks then best of all the search button in the upper right corner of the page! It contains thousands of post on any tint subject you can think of. FCat said it with practice and practice then practice. What I do is teach you the right way to practice which greatly reduces STRESS!!

Great talking this afternoon. Be sure and check out the clips from my training library on YouTube.... The link on my post signature will take you there.

Hope to see you in Danbury early in the year when I go to put my new training center together

Cheers

Stan

Welcome Mr. Vinny  :waving  

I hope you do well with your expansion.  Good Luck.  

You seem to be on the right track, and talking to the right people.  One piece of advice I can give, is that watching videos is great and you can get a lot of help,  but there is something to be said for "hands-on".  If you can find an experienced tinter that will let you shadow them, or let you pay them for some hands-on training, I think this would greatly improve your chances of success.   Just my :twocents 

As said above,  Practice-Practice.  But above all,  keep your standards high.  Do quality work, use good film, and stand behind what you do. 

Archived