Funny story

Well tinted a 2016 ford explorer today. Finished the passenger front window in 12 minutes. Went to cut the drivers window and the car locked itself. My buddy didn't have his spare key with him nor could he remember or did he know the unlock code on the keypad so we had to call a locksmith and they came out and unlocked it. Total time with touchups and clean up it was about 35 minutes but he was at my house almost 3 hours. LOL. Good thing we are friends so he's just set around and drank beer while we waited. Ha ha. Just was encouraging to do it in that time and it was a very clean install. My routine is definitely improving. But I will say we are in the wrong business. The girl that came in and unlocked it was there about 10 minutes and it was a $120 bill.

I roll the rears down if I remember,,or wedge some paper towels on the latch so the door won't shut

A nice break-in kit is $75 from snapon,,thin air pad that you pump up/spread the door away and gives room for the tool to hit the unlock button

I still locked up a new standard cab Dodge truck couple months ago

I have a tip......NEVER CLOSE THE DRIVERS DOOR UNTIL THE VEHICLE IS COMPLETE AND IS OUTSIDE YOUR BAY, WAITING FOR PICKUP.

Your Welcome. :cool

I basically do the same thing except with the driverside rear door or just trick the door trigger. That way I don't have to hear the constant door ding :crazy

Pretty simple for me, roll drivers window down when car gets pulled into the bay. Since I double cut and shrink patters, I do all my work on the passenger side of the vehicle. When it comes time to install the film, I start on the right side first then move over to the drivers side and do the front roll-up window last. Once the film is in place, I reach over and remove the key. Haven't ever locked a key in the customers vehicle and plan on keeping it that way.

Archived