How to prep rear glass properly?

That's when you stand back and ask yourself what could you have done differently. Again, you have only tinted 4 cars. Even us that have been doing this for years find that not every job comes out as nice as we would like. You have to consider the year,make and model and just try doing your best with what you have to work with. I guess you can say I was lucky, I was able to watch tinters come and go and was able to watch the procedure for about 5 years before I went hands on. That helped me out a lot.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After you squeegee the glass wrap a card in a lint free paper towel and run it down the sides to collect all the water. All of that water that you pushed to the side is contaminated. Do the same to the bottom.

Im far from a pro but there are 1000 posts of installing rear glass here if you search. But one tip is when you go to install, probably via frankenstein, spray the outside film liner first to prevent static. Find a way to get the film draped over your arms without touching anything, clothes face etc. same when you go to install you must not touch anything. Especially the rear deck and pillars. Slap the film to the bottm half of the glass and slide down into place. I also like to spray down the headliner, pillars and rear deck so everything is wet and less chance of dust floating around back there. Avoiding all contact is key though. Almost as important as the prep.

If it's truly air trapped bubbles two things I would say, one make sure your solution is the right ratio, not enough soap could lead to that, two only take a half of a blade at a time when you make your passes. Ok three make sure the angle of the squeegee is going in the direction you're pushing as to push the bubbles up or down. What you have there though is more than likely contamination not trapped air. I prefer franky on back glass and reverse roll on windshield. I'm thinking of going to reverse roll on the back the older and fatter I get.

Thank you a lot jh812, I'll use those tips to prevent bubbles all time, funiest thing 1st my tinted rear window has no contamination or air bubbles and I didn't had blue max squeegee yet, I have used felt edge squeegee, and all other windows have bubbles, and those bubbles are very small and looks empty ( no partical inside) I'll use all advices and do it properly, or at least I'll die trying

Archived