BMW 535i Door panels vs tuck

Getting ready to do a BMW 535i this weekend for a guy at work.  Just finished up a Merc C250.  The Merc had some tight seals and shoulda, woulda, coulda pulled seals had I thought ahead and looked into how to do it.  So any advice on how those come off would be appreciated too.  It was fairly new.  Probably 2010/11ish.  

But anyways, thinking ahead this time, this BMW is an E60 I do believe.  Trying to remember what the tails looked like vs a F10.  So I think it is an 09/10 model.  Are these seals decent to just tuck the film or are you guys pulling door panels on these?  If so, whats the quick how to on the door panels?  Thanks!

E60; No need to take the whole panel of. Top of the panel pulls straight off (5 clips) and gives you enough room to take out the gasket. Just get a good hold on the top of the panel and pull a bit hard straight out. Easy cars to do, happy tinting  :thumb  :thumb

If you get your technique Correct, Very few panels need to be Pulled,

I do ALLOT of Merc, BMW, Audi etc, etc,

And rarely pull a panel,

All in how you template, and Install- Technique,

had a guy pulling panels prior to me installing 2 Years ++ what a waste of money with how i do things now , LOL

If you get your technique Correct, Very few panels need to be Pulled,

I do ALLOT of Merc, BMW, Audi etc, etc,

And rarely pull a panel,

All in how you template, and Install- Technique,

had a guy pulling panels prior to me installing 2 Years ++ what a waste of money with how i do things now , LOL

I would way rather pull a panel or seal than have to worry about wasting time down the road for having a window peel the film up, In my eyes it saves you money. do the job right the first time so you never have to worry about a comeback.

I won't be doing this on every car, but if it's quick and easy then why not on a car that has a tight seal and like Dan says, get it done right for sure and be done with it.  

But anyways, the 2013 models pull off just like the E60 versions?  Gonna get this car tomorrow and if it's that easy I might as well give it a shot.

Archived