How to charge mileage to customers

Thanks guys those are all really good answers! The first location was actually a pretty good gig (couple thousand$) so I'm definitely not going to charge them for the quote. But I have to drive there before hand because he mentioned how there is tint on some of the glass that caused it to crack. He didn't believe me when I told him that could happen until he saw this location lol can you remove tint if the glass has some little cracks behind it or do they just need to replace it? Obviously I'm not going to retint the broken glass but I think he is wanting me to remove it for them. The guy doesn't know much about tint so I think I'm just gonna head over there and see what's really going on. I'll try to provide some pics of the broken glass.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At your own risk. The film could be the only thing holding the glass together and, depending on the break, glass could come down on you. Most glass companies won't warranty glass with film applied to it and you may have customers ask you to remove film for warranty purposes. Best just to let them replace the glass with the film on it. It's safer for the glass guys, and you don't want the liability.

I live in California and ive traveled to Arizona for a flat glass job . cause I use to live there before have a good reputation, known custy for years they still called me, so I made a little vacay out of it , make that money hstle hustle 100 miles aint nothing, I drove 740 miles one way and another 740 back , but to each there own ,

Luckily they don't need me to do anything with the existing tint and it's a big enough job I don't even need to charge much for travel expenses. but the cracks in the windows were HUGE. It looks like the only thing holding them together is the tint itself. It looks like white opaque from the inside but highly reflective from the outside. Any ideas what that might be?

Archived