Vinyl on Dot Matrix

I had someone call me yesterday and ask if I would put the vinyl on the top of there vehicle...they then said I had my car tinted at another shop and they don't do the vinyl...I told her I only instal it on my tint jobs..cut them short and said good bye....

I use the same mixture as the film install..you shoule use a tack cloth after you clean the dots...paper towels usually get much lint on them and that will get on your clean already preped glass area...I cllean the whole window then tack the matrix at the top..installthe tint then the vinyl....overlaping 1/8 of an inch..some times more like on a cavalier..ill tint tothe matrix and then vinyl to the 1st defrost line....I also use a piece of scrap tint flip it over so the clear is facing the glass make my pattern then peel it and stick it to the white side of the vinyl then cut it out it is easy...some times it is still hard to get it to stick on all the dots...itis best not to over work it..maybe put it in the sun for a while to dry.......

I should have told them 50 buck to do the vinyl....but f them....let them look like hacks did there car....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for the record, I don't do anything special to prep the dot area. I scrub the whole window and hang the tint, then spray the dots, peel and wet the vinyl with the same solution, and hang. Never seen any dirt or other junk that would make me take special steps.

As far as finding the Avery HP, call some vinyl sign shops and ask them for a 5-6' piece of 14". You should be able to get 2 pieces out of that.

Guest thetintshop
and doesn't look as good as film installed in the matrix

you're right--it looks better. IMO. and haven't found one single customer that didn't like it either.

Archived