what slip to use with flat glass?

Tint Slime

Been using it for a year now. Think it's approved by Eastman

Tint Slime

Been using it for a year now. Think it's approved by Eastman

Its been described as  "baby shampoo" without the extra stuff in it. Just what you need to git er dun

Tint Slime, FilmOn (an Eastman product) and J&J BS are virtually identical in chemistry today except, JJ BS has dyes, perfumes and greater ratio of glycerin. 

Eastman accepts the use of any product in the same category of TS, J&J BS and FO without issue to warranty claim however, they will not promote a competitive product to their own (EDIT: paraphrasing what went by my ears after a comparative testing results discussion of the three products with industry colleagues. Not sure if it was ever put to print since slip solution use varies widely from these three to coconut oil based hand soap).

I already use J&J for autos, so if it's good to go on residential flat glass without any issues that's what I'll go with. The lady at SunTek said to make sure not to have any de-greaser, which the J&J wouldn't.

I have seen this time and time again, use this and not this ( Not approved ).

Has any manufacturer done any tests on this....... ?

If whatever you use in your solution and then squeegee out the film correctly so that you would not have any bubbles during the drying process, what harm would come of whatever you use for a slip solution do .............. ?

I have read of what harm could happen from long term affects of inhaling what has been approved.

Has any manufacturer done any tests on this....... ?

Only one that I am aware of... Courtaulds Performance Films (aka CPFilms Inc.)

The chart shows their findings back when HPR was in its infancy.

post-33743-0-66618200-1460027384_thumb.j

Chart is found in LLumar's first technical bulletin below.

General_Installation_Concepts.pdf

To date there are no known health issues related to either of the concentrates used in LLumar's two-bottle system. Those already prone to chemical sensitivity of any kind would certainly be the first to have an issue. This was the case that prompted the development of Tint Slime. Since TS's development the offending preservative has been removed from both FilmOn and J&J Baby Shampoo, which brought them to a more closely related chemistry to TS.

As to X-100/DirtOff, it is mostly phosphoric acid... that same as found in  soda pop such as a famous cola brand. When mixed according to use recommendations X-100/DirtOff application/prep solutions are less acidic, therefore less harmful, than that which is ingested through soda pop.

As to X-100/DirtOff, it is mostly phosphoric acid... that same as found in soda pop such as a famous cola brand. When mixed according to use recommendations X-100/DirtOff application/prep solutions are less acidic, therefore less harmful, than that which is ingested through soda pop.

Hey I used to make that stuff!

Enjoy... as I know not what the future holds in terms of new ones.

I think the bulk of the industry has access to them. Heck, years ago I fielded a call from an installer of another brand who had questions not answered by the bulletin he had in hand. Having learned he has never used LLumar, I asked where he got a hold of the tech bulletin. He said his (Brand X) sales rep sent it to him.

Speaks volumes.

Archived