Industry Standard Install Times?

On 02/06/2016 at 8:23 PM, F150Chic said:

Ok well thanks to everyone for the replies. I was hoping there was an actual time allowance for a job. But the way my work is set up I guess it probably wouldn't work anyways, being as we don't have different prices for different vehicles. Its just a set amount for a certain package regardless of difficulty.

Many dealerships here in edmonton will pay flat rate of about 1.5 hours for a Hood, fenders and mirrors package. They will pay you that much even if you get it done in 10 minutes.

I am not the best but i consider myself a pretty good quality installer.

I have VW dealership and i was fully booked that day from Mercedes and Porsche. VW needed 6 partial hood and fenders. I had a helper with me. We did each car in 8 minutes. With finding the vehicles in the lot and moving it out and next one in. 

Yet, Dodge Rams / Range Rovers / F150 / Minis you can never do it that fast, i dont care how much experience you got.

Remember i said "Quality" my prep is a 3 stage clean then install then final prep.

Full vehicle wraps, i can do solo in 4 days or if i am exhausted 6 days taking my time. I did a G550 4x4 squared solo in 5 days. 

Full front ends, i never rush or speed, takes me 1 full day by myself. (Full hood, full fenders, full front bumper, mirrors, a-pillars, headlights, roofline) 

Mind you i install practically 7 days a week (the other day i went 6:30am to 1:30am for 2 days same amount) then took a full day to sleep.

Hahahaha i think if i do 1 again, i will book it for 2 weeks and take a week to rest lol just before that G550 i did 2x G63 all in a row :(

There is a Brabus G550 waiting lol he hasnt booked in and waiting for me to tell him go ahead lol

Quality is what should matter the most but as for your question you will obviously get mixed reply's to this. Personally I can install 1 1/2 to 2 full front ends a in a 7-9 hour day, that being said some cars are different and it takes me the whole day for 1 full front end. When you say partial hood and fenders that can be as quick as 10 minutes or up to 30-45 minutes. In your situation it sounds like you would benefit more getting paid by the job instead of hourly, I would try for a flat 30 percent rate if I was you.

I work at a dealership and am allowed 1 hr for hfm  and 2 hrs for tint installs on lot cars. This time includes basic prep (wash), pattern cutting and installation. If I have to deal with extra issues like rail dust Im given the time and any work done on a post body shop vehicle Im given an extra hour for prep time. I rarely do bumpers and hate doing them, but Im left alone to do them because I swear lots during the process. My employer is more concerned with quality and material expenses (doesnt like wasted material because I rushed and wrinkled a piece) so on more challenging pieces they cut me some slack.