Industry Standard Install Times?

I asked my employee yesterday whether he prefers hourly days or flat rate days. For him it's flat rate hands down.

He has proven extremely honest and reliable, but I don't emphasize speed at all.

On the other hand I've had an employee who just wanted as many jobs as he could get, and I had to deal with the consequences after the fact... he wasn't with me all that long.

Ok well thanks to everyone for the replies. I was hoping there was an actual time allowance for a job. But the way my work is set up I guess it probably wouldn't work anyways, being as we don't have different prices for different vehicles. Its just a set amount for a certain package regardless of difficulty.

You can still set it up as flat rate to get them to be efficient while not trying to go too fast by making them responsible for redo's or mess-ups. When the cost gets taken out of their check, they will get smart about what they are doing real fast.

Amen.

2 hours ago, drtint said:

Too many variables when it comes to installing PPF. You can have 2 identical vehicles, sure, the installation may take about the same amount of time, but the prep can add hours between the 2.

This is the truth. You can get a car right off the transport, a bit of prep and good to go. Get another one, and it is covered in rail dust an crap. 2 hours later your just getting ready to lay film.