Industry Standard Install Times?

I'm fairly new to PPF, installing just over 2 years, tinting for about 1.5 years. I am a pretty quick installer, and have been bugging my boss about going to flat rate instead of hourly. I was wondering if there is an actual standard install time for certain areas ( like an 18" hood and fenders). I've been looking all over for information but can't seem to find anything. Thanks!

It takes as long as it takes. When you start going for time, you start sacrificing quality. I'm not saying you do, so please don't take it personally, just what I've seen in the industry.

Edited by waxworkz

I think what you are trying to get at is what you should be paid based on the time it takes for you to complete a job. I have always paid my guys a flat rate. They get paid a flat amount per job. Some take longer than others, and some are quick. They get paid the same. It works out in the end , and all have been happy. Now if a job is a huge pain and takes a lot more time I will change the pay accordingly. I install every day also, so I have a good hand on what it takes to do the job.

I definitely agree with the quality over quantity. So you pay based on each individual vehicle? See our system here is strange, we have certain packages charged for the same amount regardless of difficulty, then the installers have an allocated time. Such as hood and fenders, any vehicle, was an 1.5 hours labour. The reason why I am asking about flat rate is because just recently the prices went up on our packages, but our labor hours were cut. I would like to go on flat rate because I am a fairly fast installer and I have little to no complaints/comebacks. But now I feel the cut hours are quite unfair. I feel the labour hours were cut to discourage me from pushing for flat rate, but I was told I was at my max hourly pay (so no more raises) so I think I am screwed... yikes! Oh I should add I also feel that the new hours are pushing for quantity over quality, which I strongly disagree with. I don't think we should be pushed to do crappy work. I also don't think we should be pushed to our max stress level (being overbooked) without being compensated for it.

Edited by F150Chic