2013 bmw x5 side gaskets help.

Crazydays01

I have a 2013 x5 in a few weeks and want to plan ahead. I noticed the side gaskets are large as hell and to me it looks like the plastic piece that goes around the inside window pops off. Please help a fellow tinter that has not done a bmw. 

I found how to remove the door panel on youtube to pull the sweep but nothing states this. 

TTS did they change it from the previous models? It used to be remove that wood trim and there is a screw near the rear of the door and one just behind where the door handle is. Watching that panel removal video I'm almost certain you could remove those two screws and pop the top of the panel to pull the sweep.

you might be able to take the gasket out without removing any screws. I think that its just some metal clips holding the top in similar to the new F-150's. Just have to pry back on the top and use a tack puller or fiber stick to unhook them. just be careful not to lose them in the door or else you will have to pull the panel.

TTS did they change it from the previous models? It used to be remove that wood trim and there is a screw near the rear of the door and one just behind where the door handle is. Watching that panel removal video I'm almost certain you could remove those two screws and pop the top of the panel to pull the sweep.

Yeah... That's what I was trying to describe.. Your words worked better ... :thumb

Archived