Fighting contamination

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was having this issue for a long time. Came to figure it out that the top of the glass (bevel edge) when wet would drop an kinds of tiny spots. I started scrubbing the shit out of them and it knocked about 90% of my contamination down. The other issue (since I don't pull panels) even an insane cleaning for sides, it was still getting in. Be sure when you install you tilt the film into the window and it's not laying on the glue to gasket. Another tip once you're clean don't put the window up unless you want to start over cleaning. That top gasket (You know the one we say "oh I don't need to clean that I'm not touching it") clean it... Just clean it.

Hey all, I know there are tons of post and topics on this subject, and I've tried all of the tips I've read. Here is the process that I use before I lay film on a vehicle:

-Wash all tools with soap and water

-Wet the shop floor down

-Close shop door

-Razor blade the window and side channels/seals

-Squeegee the water to the side seals

-Wipe the side seals down with rubber corner tool

-Flush the seals with sprayer

-The SECOND I start pulling the liner off, I start spraying the film

-Spray window with solution

-Lay film

Yet I ALWAYS have some sort of contamination in the film. It's been getting to me lately to where it keeps me up at night and I get discouraged. This is what I love to do, so I don't want to feel this way. I feel like if I overcome this obstacle, it's smooth sailing from here.

Am I missing something?!

For some reason all of a sudden my last 5 vehicles I've done have had a good bit of contamination. I've used the same jugs of distilled water I have for years, for years I've always cleaned my sprayers everyday. Since I do use J&J. But I've had various new bottles through the years. I even just tried using a coffee filter with distilled water. Maybe I have just lost my touch? Haha

Archived