Tinting over old tint

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yeah film definitely doesn't adhere to tint like it does glass. When I say tint over tint it means the first layer appears to be in good condition. If it were faded, purple, maybe just a bad job in general I would pass on it. If it looks good though lick and stick. Just remember no razor blade for prepping.

:yeah film definitely doesn't adhere to tint like it does glass. When I say tint over tint it means the first layer appears to be in good condition. If it were faded, purple, maybe just a bad job in general I would pass on it. If it looks good though lick and stick. Just remember no razor blade for prepping

:yeah and be careful with anything used for prepping the surface for install. Even the white scrubby will haze the first layer if not careful. :twocents

I will not do it for the fact that tint isnt meant to adhere to another layer of film, the top edge will not align with the other layer of ld scratched flm , and you cant clean it properly. Dont care if it was installed yesterday...wont do it. Same as painting over old paint...improper and lazy.

Why not just take 5 minutes and remove it to do it proper and make more money?? People that want tint over tint to save on removal are just ghetto.

Its a 2015 Subaru WRX. I'm guessing it cant be older than 2 years. But yes, if it is purple or lots of damage on old tint, I'm most likely not going to do it. I'm also going to offer to remove the side window tint for cheaper. If he wants me to remove the rearview I'm going to ask for alot. I hate removing rearview tint. Thanks for all the info and help guys!

Archived