duck tape for stripping Tint rear glAss

pull out whatever tint you care to waste, do a quick shrink and tint job on the window with the "second layer" left, then bag it out in the sun for about an hour.  It will likely peel clean, glue as well as the old film layer!

Done this at least 3 times.  Such an amazing trick that I learned right here on Tintdude!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweat the second layer before using a blade. I've used Windex with ammoniaD since I started tinting in 1980. I've heard 409 purple, simple green, ammonia etc, but have stuck with the windex. There's also the SuperStripper from connquoeretools.com that is a balanced mix of ammonia and iso that works really well.

The brick or razor is for those mount adhesives that have baked so long they resemble superglue hard.

I just say sorry I don't advertise auto tint removal(rear defroster glass),,but I offer to try the rear glass for free,,if the film rips off and leaves just the glue,then its a hundred to remove the glue or I will tell them what to do and give them a piece of steel wool or scotchbrite,lol

i find you can use what ever chemical the only thing that works is if the temperature is over 90' . now that its 95+ in florida we use 409 ,3 times for 15 min each and it takes everything off . In the cooler time nothing works . 

pull out whatever tint you care to waste, do a quick shrink and tint job on the window with the "second layer" left, then bag it out in the sun for about an hour.  It will likely peel clean, glue as well as the old film layer!

Done this at least 3 times.  Such an amazing trick that I learned right here on Tintdude!

I have done this a hand full of times also. One of the best tricks I learned right here on the old Tintdude also.

Archived