frameless windows?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes with a screw driver trick the latch so it will stay up....Tint it and warm the bottom edge with heatgun before you release door latch.........or let dry in direct Sun for a while......precut your pattern to fit too if you are not shaving it close...and preshrink all fingers first cleaner install.

Snap locks on the door with a screwdriver , set the film with an overlap of 2 mm and leave the car in this condition until the next day with the door open . The next morning shave windows and door locks snaps .

I havent had any problems with mustangs, camaros or vettes coming back for rolling up. Today i had a BMW convertible come back. The film rolled up on the drivers side. I re tinted it for them and made sure to use plenty of heat this time. Ive done hundreds of frameless windows and this is the first issue. So i guess thats pretty good.

I told my friend not to shut the door one time when I clicked the windows up on his Ferarri

I wasn't looking and only got to say No,,lucky for him the glass didn't break or chip the paint or mess up the tint

Had a slight heart attack

post-40089-0-29573600-1468367737_thumb.j

Yep just push the door latch in. And not with your finger, the latch bites back!! Don't ask me how I know!!! Haha for frameless in general I have always cut the back out first, then slide tint a hair back towards the back and then cut the front, then top, but really just depends how the front of the widow is, but in general that should do it. You should have enough room to slide the front in an leave a nice edge on the back

Archived