There must be a cure...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never have peanut issues, I'll share my secret once. It's all in the shrink, raise your heat gun off the film when shrinking these rear screens you have issues with. I've found that by pulling the heat gun away from the film to where it's barely shrinking it works perfect to cure the peanuts problem.

Anyone ever back blade those peanut windows to lower the lines a little and smooth them out? I'm not brave enough but have seen it done with fantastic results........

That said, we call him Smartie for a reason :twocents

Cheers

****** Ryker can shrink better with his method than 99% of us. Have been fortunate enough to watch him work many times and it's amazing how smooth the film looks after he forms it******

Anyone ever back blade those peanut windows to lower the lines a little and smooth them out? I'm not brave enough but have seen it done with fantastic results........

That said, we call him Smartie for a reason :twocents

Cheers

****** Ryker can shrink better with his method than 99% of us. Have been fortunate enough to watch him work many times and it's amazing how smooth the film looks after he forms it******

Back blading the defrost lines should work on most of the lines if you can get access to them. Kind of the same thing we would do when we wet sand and buff out paint and needed to knock down larger than normal paint runs. 

Id have to agree its partially in the shrink..Ive shrunk "peanut" cars differently more recently and noticed a HUGE change! Alson try turning on the defrosters as soon as you have the film positioned 

Has to be the best peanut thread yet. I am starting to believe it is due to the shrink. Seems like These windows have to be shrunk perfectly in order to hold to the lines. I'm gonna work on different methods to get these windows looking good and hassle free.

I had a 2016 Charger come in to my shop yesterday and read all the post regarding peanuts, etc. I got no peanuts what-so-ever but this window was a little PITA for me to shrink comapred to other cars. I did steel wool it and did my normal shrink which is the soap method. I used an H pattern as well. Only issues I had were a bit of air bubbles after doing final passes because of the thick defroster lines but I was able to tackle that issue.

I personally think its either the shrink method you to and/or the film??? Maybe the adhesive is not aggressive enough? Or perhaps put too much slip solution? I'm just guessing now. lol

Archived