Trimming around mirrors

The only really that doesn't have a border is a Ford. Put a light up to it and draw around it with a Sharpie or cut it out with a knife. Its that simple no tool needed

Sharpie. Same marker I use to mark the bottom edge profile to match the curve at the top edge of the window, because i don't like to leave the bottom edge straight.

Unless someone request any different I always bring my strips down just to the bottom of the mirror and just like others cut it from the inside. I don't know how many times I've leaned over the side to cut it out and once I get it inside an line the hole up, I have a 2 inch gap on one side and 2 inch over hang on the pillar on the other side???????????? marker can't really fix that. Although...... I have cut a piece to fill the gap before. It also was on a S10 that was on its last leg anyways

I cut them from the inside most of the time. The whole strip. Bham said this about the mount for mirrors, last time I said it some dumbass said not possible and did the sand icon. Idiots.

The only problem I've had cutting on the inside, is the blade line in the frit on certain vehicles.   It leaves a scratch line.  :twocents

Never had a problem with trash, You cant flood it with water for sure.  I cut on the outside when theres dot matrix in the center that messes it up. Not many I have too do that but there was a 2008 kia rio this week that the mirror mount was fixed that required outside cutting. Yep Bham I never cut on the Teflon on the inside, it dulls the blade immediately and dang sure will leave a cut mark. :thumb good point so no one does that.

Archived