16 Vette

Well where do I start??? I did everything I could in my power to get at least one piece of film to stick to 1 window, out of 2 front door, 2quarter's and the back glass.... Nothing would stick? Everything would bubble up within 15 minutes after it was on the Windows, anyone have an idea what could be on the glass. 3rd time redoing these windows an I've almost cleaned my own finger prints off I've cleaned so much

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used johnsons and SolarFX both now, I've never seen anything like it before, both times was with J&J but I'm about to give some dawn a shot I guess.

Right as I spray it, it looks normal, but I did notice that when I'm using my white scrub pad the water does bead up pretty good

Shrinking the sides was fun enough the first few times, let alone doing it for nothing haha and now this

Dry shrink before cutting? I was cutting then wet shrinking, he'll maybe that's my problem I don't know haha I've only done a hand full of these cars over the years, defiantly not enough to know the tricks on them

And I see they say to dry shrink top and bottom, how exactly do you go about that dry shrinking before you cut? It sounds more like treat it like a back glass to me, if I'm understanding it right

I have had windows that had antifog or rainx were the solution water beads off and film is very bard to slide into position whether cutting or applying it and I just added another shot of BS to the spray bottle and that worked and no issues

You probly could wipe the window with alky to get rid of it

But you could have way to much soap slip in the water?

Or possible bad adhesive maybe or did you forget to peel the liner?,lol=I did that on a rear truck slider(1 of the 4) at the end of a friday long time ago

My helper was peeling/wetting and handing me patterns/commercial job while I was up on a ladder and wrong side of film was squeeged to the glass,oops,,CDA film=no sticky side and bubbled/didn't stick lol

Archived