can you torch shrink solar FX carbon FX?

Dont use a Torch unless you practiced shrinking with a Torch on a BG of a old Shi%tter Allot.

its faster yes, but flame to long on a finger and you trashed the FILM,

Never worth the film waste, and time isnt that important,

end result same,,,, so stay safe and save your film waste,,,

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torch does take a lot of practice but once you have the concept you never trash the film. Different concept than shrinking fingers. Lay the middle down and pull the fingers out of the corners and then u have hardly anything to shrink in the corners. Amazing actually. Took me long to understand. Once it clicked it was game over though so yeah In the beginning yes some waste but i cant tell you the last time i trashed a piece of film on the BG. Anyways... Debateable topic and ill always say do whatever works. But if it does work why not do it? Lol

I can shrink the Bg with a torch. Guess how I learned to do that? I first worked at a car stereo shop and the owner would always pay the utility company last. That means sometimes I was without power at the garage. I haven't used a torch in years but since I've moved to a new shop the owner there always uses a torch. I can't blame him Solargard is a crap film that likes to peel off the BG. He uses it to heat down the BG to prevent it from peeling. Argh why can c Solargard make a proper film that dosnt peel off.

Guest Metro Films

I use a torch and heat gun. I do mobile work and some people don't have access to power outlets....usually apartments, Anyways its good to know i can tint without the heat gun. I've had my heat gun bust in the middle of the job.

Archived