can you torch shrink solar FX carbon FX?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah faster shrinking or not, I wouldn't use one. I know I wouldn't want to see my brand new car having a torch used on it, even if it wasn't something spectacular . Regardless of brand of film. I feel it's more of a "tough guy" approach, like , look at me I'm using a torch!!!

An I say, look at me, I'm using a heat gun, and getting exact same results.

People car argue it's faster, but then again, faster work, poor quality I believe

Its not really a tough guy approach. I use a torch on every back window. Its not to look cool. I saw in person what a torch could do with the right technique and was intrigued. A torch can shrink a large amount of film at one time rather than a little at a time. It actually makes it way easier. And makes doing back windows fun. As far as the side effects. I have done over 500 back windows with a torch so far and none to come back yet. Time will tell but i doubt it will happen. I know this topic has been debated several times. Just sayin from experience you dont know till you try it. Ill try anything new in the tint world thats how you find out if u like or dont like techniques or tools. As far as the carbon fx and the torch, dont know till you try it. Express classic black didnt react to the torch very well. It worked but took longer to lay down.

You do have to be careful. I have never damaged a cars paint or anything for that matter. And i also never burn the film or crease it. And i honestly do mean never. I use proview film and it shrinks like butter with the torch. And snaps great too. I get close to the edges and it never burns just blows right down. Still use a heatgun on some small suvs or hatchbacks that only take a second to shrink.

A "Blustery" tip for the torch is better than a pointed flame tip

Its for sure faster and you need to hold it farther away from the film and the car parts

I don't use it for tinting unless my heatgun failed but home depot is down the road,,and I tint pretty fast anyway

I used a bic lighter for a easy shrink old car backglass(longtime ago)and a occasional finger or small crease

Archived