Cheap tinters... wtf!

Just had a chap call me up for a quote, we charge 'X' amount for the particular model for all rear windows. He told me he's been quoted 'X' amount (half we charge) else where (only 20 minute drive away). How do you compete with this? That's absolutely crazy, why cheapen tinting for everyone else in your area? Keep your prices up and everyone benefits, surely?

I hate it when people say, I was quoted a cheaper price for x amount. Ok, you found your cheap ass tint that will last a year, along with shiat intallation, so whythe fuck are still shopping around??? These people have no respect! The purpose of a business is to make a descent profit, not just enough to pay your bills and put food on the table. Anyone that charges a low price i will say you have no cofindence, your work is shiat and you're a fucking moron!!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's right blackoutauto. Have a local guy here that does a 4dr car for 125, that is what I do a pair of roll ups for. I quit begging for work back in the 90's and never looked back. It's a shame new school doesn't care much about the standards. My wife is in law, sometimes I make more than her and vise versa, but I have more repeat customers, that should be a good piece of information for those who do not have the skills yet....get them and enjoy life, it's amazing inside this trade.

Cheers

That's because their film and skills warrant their price...

Guess some have to do what they have too to get the next hit.

They never last long. It just sucks, 30yrs this month been in it and cleaning up the reputation some leave behind is my peeve. I spent 16yrs training installers for a number of auto groups and found that most come from within there. Wish some could spend the first 10 yrs doing old school vehicles, then I think most of us would be on the same page

Just had a chap call me up for a quote, we charge 'X' amount for the particular model for all rear windows. He told me he's been quoted 'X' amount (half we charge) else where (only 20 minute drive away). How do you compete with this? That's absolutely crazy, why cheapen tinting for everyone else in your area? Keep your prices up and everyone benefits, surely?

I hate it when people say, I was quoted a cheaper price for x amount. Ok, you found your cheap ass tint that will last a year, along with shiat intallation, so whythe fuck are still shopping around??? These people have no respect! The purpose of a business is to make a descent profit, not just enough to pay your bills and put food on the table. Anyone that charges a low price i will say you have no cofindence, your work is shiat and you're a fucking moron!!!

:lol

Guest Metro Films

I honestly don't care what anyone else charges. You can get your car painted at cheapo place for $299 or go to a custom paint shop and pay $10,000. Not the same end product.

Yeah that mentality is part of the problem. Your not the only Tinter I've heard say that. This industry needs some kind of unity, I'm glad ceramic came around. Also if you tint out of your garage your not a professional.

I honestly don't care what anyone else charges. You can get your car painted at cheapo place for $299 or go to a custom paint shop and pay $10,000. Not the same end product.

Yeah that mentality is part of the problem. Your not the only Tinter I've heard say that. This industry needs some kind of unity, I'm glad ceramic came around. Also if you tint out of your garage your not a professional.

If you think my works equal in value to someone just entering the business you are mistaken.

Archived