Cheap tinters... wtf!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those of you asking for all shops to keep prices around the same, are talking about price fixing and that's illegal!

For those who insist because another shop is cheaper. That they must be poor quality and using inferior film, clearly have little grasp on business! Over the years, Ive read this argument more times than I can count, and I hear the same thing over and over. The guys who want to do less work for more money complain about the guys who would rather do more work for less money. I've read the "they must not like profit" comments over and over. Yet those guys ignored the guy charging $125 per car maybe knocking out cars in 30 mins with a few guys, and making more profit than the $250 a car every two hours guy. His rent could also be cheaper, his film costs lower for same brand because of greater buying power.

Stop worrying about what the other shops are doing and focus on what your business is doing!

The multiple vehicle model only works if the shop has enough work coming in every hour of every work day. Let those "few guys" sit around for even an hour and that profit is going to look small.

Also, just a few returns and the profit gets blasted as well.

Since we sell a lot more than just tint, we have a lot of other audio/tint shops that buy from us wholesale...even places like Tint World.  One of the shops is right down the street maybe 3 miles and charges around $129/139, but we are friends with the owner and tinter...we even send them work when a customer wants 5% (we do not stock it) or if someone has to get their vehicle that day and we are slammed.   We don't look at them as a shop undercutting us because we're confident in the product we sell, the quality that we offer, and the service we provide.  They do their thing and we do ours while maintaining respect for each other.  I have said multiple times that the customer looking for a $99-$129 tint job is not the customer I want.  So those customers have to go somewhere.  One of my favorite lines for a customer calling questioning our "high" price is, "I'm sorry, you called the Lamborghini dealership looking for a Kia".

I avoid the cheap customer. Their loyalty is only to the bargain. They will not use you next time around. Concentrate your efforts on getting the right type of customers. I've cultivated my business so that many customers don't even ask price, they just book. Brand new SUVs and Pickups. Always late models and Clean. I've concentrated my efforts on my Google page rank. That generates plenty of calls, then I get to select from that customer base and send the rest to "$99 Tint Shop". Then I don't have to cut corners on Materials and installation to make a living.. hope that helps..

Archived