Cheap tinters... wtf!

. as long as you make what YOU want-what does it matter??

While that's true, the fact is low priced shops make it difficult for other shops that are charging properly.

So many people under value their skills and how they should be compensated for a talent that not just anybody has.

Not sure any other industry acts this way.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:yeah  A lot of shops ( audio, accessory types) see window tint as an add-on.  They will just get the cheapest 1-ply film they can find and just slap it on, not caring about how good the film or the install is, as long as they get that extra $99 on the ticket.  

While that's true, the fact is low priced shops make it difficult for other shops that are charging properly.

So many people under value their skills and how they should be compensated for a talent that not just anybody has.

every industry is like this-as mentioned before auto body is the perfect example.  restaurants, construction, sales, medical.  you name it there is poor work in every business you can think of.

We have the same issue here. Companies that have been trading a long time have slashed their prices by £50.00, scared of the competition and new companies starting up and charging very little for the work which means poor quality film and very poor installations. I will come and go with 10% but certainly not £50.00

Guest Metro Films

I honestly don't care what anyone else charges. You can get your car painted at cheapo place for $299 or go to a custom paint shop and pay $10,000. Not the same end product.

Yeah that mentality is part of the problem. Your not the only Tinter I've heard say that. This industry needs some kind of unity, I'm glad ceramic came around. Also if you tint out of your garage your not a professional.
If you think my works equal in value to someone just entering the business you are mistaken.
I know. Im sure your good at what you do. What saying is this industry desperately needs some unity. Also the garage comment wasn't directed at you that was just a general statement.

Guest Metro Films

Speak on Roach. Its true not many industries are poorly structured like ours.

Guest Metro Films

every industry is like this-as mentioned before auto body is the perfect example. restaurants, construction, sales, medical. you name it there is poor work in every business you can think of.

Dude your so wrong and missing the big picture. Im not even going to waste my time saying what was wrong with that comment

In the end, it really doesn't matter.  If we were able to unify and have pricing where it should be, this will just create more DIYers which will then turn into mobile installers/cheap shops...it is a never ending cycle.  The problem is how people want to pay as little as possible, but want a premium product.  What kills me is people that own shops (not just tinting industry) and demand they get paid a certain amount, then will shop other companies and want a discount.  For example, this one tinter I knew believed he was the best and wanted to make sure he got what he thought he was worth, but when he needed something he always wanted to barter or make deals because it didn't want to pay the other person what they thought they were worth.  That type of thinking I do not get.

Archived