Tacking issues

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some windows are pre treated with anti fog solution from the factory and some just get cleaned with windows or some sort of glass cleaner that "driesup" the water quickly, thus making film installations a pain. Some films have a more aggressive mounting adhesive than others. Only thing to do here is change your solution or put more slip solution to solve the problems. Take care

its the glass.  I use a P2 and always high pressure with  fine mist to hang.  to much water and it beads and sticks and  more risk of dirt trails from flip line.  yes I top load and tuck.  for slip I use ultrabond one ounce and depending on temp/humidity drop or two of J&J.

I've had that same problem with my own car when I first started tinting and after about 2 to 3 weeks the adhesive thing all disappears. It looks like it is causing you to have big gaps on the top of your window. I fixed it by spraying on the glass then peeling the liner and spraying on the film then spraying the glass again. Basically I spray like CRAZY now. Sprayed "fine" on the film and Sprayed "mist" on the glass.

For me, I like to see little white bubbles when i spray the glass and film. If i only see clear water then i dont have enough baby shampoo in there. Those dry spots can also be caused from sliding the film around too much before anchoring it down. If that's the case, you need to tighten up on your targeting.

SolarTintWF has it right. Some detail shops and car owners use a glass polish on the inside of the windows. Even over spray from the vynal door dressing on the interior windows makes the slip solution bead up. The used cars I tint from certain dealers that have been freshly detailed always have that problem.

You can try dirt off, windex, 409, etc. to clean or strip the polish off the glass. Good luck.

Thanks for all your input guys! I've already tried adding more slip (it just makes the film almost impossible to anchor down and squeegee out but still has adhesive problems) and I also use dirt off already which doesn't help. I will try using more of a fine mist like shadytints suggests ????. I'm also thinking about trying a harder cleaning solution and then going back over with the dirt off. Mainly because some cars I have little to no issue and other cars I can't do a single window without having the issue so this makes me think it has to be something on the glass that is causing the tacking issue. 409 and Windex are good ideas!

Archived