Is this a smart start?

Right now I work 55+ at a bread plant and gosh don't I hate my job I work everyday and the schedule changes daily. I always wanted to learn how to tint so I eventually looked into it and since I have a passion for cars I was like what's not to like about touching cars every day. Anyway I started looking into building to rent I found one it's more like a storage building but it's just a row of one door and one bay entrance buildings all connected together. I found it for 350 a month no contract just month to month. I think it's good because that's how much I pay a month for my car and it will be paid for next week. I was thinking about renting it and posting ads on Craigslist to see if I could get people to let me practice on their car. What do you guys think? I did a couple of cars they came out alright. If someone can teach me how to post pics here I will. If someone can tell me if this will be good for it would be great. Btw I use express window films.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First thing first. Don't quit your job yet. From my experience I believe that if you do about 10 to 20 darts or 200s and 10 to 20 chargers you will get really good really fast. If you can afford it. I would go to Stans training. I always recommend him because of how well I am doing in less than 6 months. You also gotta have some kind of customer service background. Knowing alot of people helps too.

I never pulled a door panel before. Every now and then me and this shop owner talks he told me he haven't pulled one in awhile. Just a few hours ago he told me I can come in his shop and learn a little bit for a price of course but imma do it.

I wouldn't pay "the price of a course" to learn a little bit.

IMO at 55+ this is the wrong business to start into unless you can quickly build a business and have some good employees. The physical part of this job is not for the older. I am 45 and was just thinking it is time to consider a different career that I can work past 60. Crawling in and out of the back seats of cars sucks.

He's the been voted best around here for awhile now and when he said 200 for 4 days I jumped on because what I seen online is tint schools charging 1000s just for 5 days of learning. With me not knowing too much and with 200 is what I spend on food and random stuff every month i was like why not. I really want to see what the customers really look for in a tint job. Back when I did this Chrysler 300 the lady asked me how many years I been doing tinting and I told her I practiced on my mom car right before hers and she busted out laughing. I told her I just been watching YouTube videos and actually use a pen and paper and take notes.

Archived